Social media is an important part of how we communicate with our online communities. Consistent with our values of open and transparent communication, we welcome and encourage comments on our social media properties to promote the exchange of ideas, information, expressions and opinions.
We also wish to nurture a safe and constructive environment for members of, and those who participate in, our online communities. As such, comments of the following nature (and others deemed inappropriate) will be removed:
- Use of inappropriate language, such as vulgarity, profanity, hate speech or anything else deemed to be offensive in nature
- Threats of harm either related to an institution, a person, or group or any other subject of the threat
- Trolling, spamming, or postings that are of a promotional nature
- Personal attacks and name calling
- Complaints of any nature that identify individuals
- Libellous statements, such as allegations of criminal activity or comments that unfairly harm a person’s reputation
- Comments of a disrespectful, harassing or bullying nature
The Temerty Centre reserves the right to monitor and, at any time, moderate comments posted to its social media properties and to remove comments, with or without notification, deemed to be inappropriate or in violation of The Temerty Centre’s social media commenting guidelines or its values statements. We also reserve the right to block or remove access to offenders of these guidelines, with or without notification, and modify these guidelines at our discretion.